Thursday, June 10, 2010

the old saying

There's an old saying that goes along the lines that it's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all. 
As I sit here and feel the hold of pain move across my heart like moss on a tombstone, I really do believe that word. 
Even though I have lost the one I still love so deeply, I am so thankful that my LORD let me experience that love. 
Even though the pain is still there, and every day brings fresh thoughts of, "What's she doing now." Or, "She's holding someone, and it's not me." I still love the feeling that I loved her,and still do.
It's so weird, cause the pain is so real, but this is a part of life. 
I would not give up the time I had with her for anything. But if I could do it all again, ow how I would change my attitudes and words. How I would hug more, and not condemn. How I would  encourage, and build up. How I would listen, and not turn away.
If I could do it all again. LORD if only. 
Me out.

1 comment: